This Week’s Magazine
The latest edition of the Voice is out, and here’s what’ll you find inside:
– Our intrepid Chris Norton takes on the Atlas District for this week’s cover, where nightlife impresario Joe Englert has a vision to turn a run-down Northeast neighborhood into the new Adams Morgan.
– Ricky Schramm, a senior forward and co-captain of Georgetown’s soccer team, has been drafted by the MLS. Kathryn Brand sees what’s on his mind.
– Why did protestors interrupt Georgetown’s MLK Jr. celebration? Kate Mays investigates.
– The University has joined with the Citizens Association of Georgetown to hire a former military sniper to patrol the neighborhood. Mike Bruns finds out that “[Snipers] are trained to watch.”
– P.S. Hepburn and Dan Cook review the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and Menomena albums. What, you don’t like indie rock?
– Defying all expectations, the Voice comes out against the President’s troop surge in Iraq.
Happy reading, folks. Don’t forget to tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Tim Fernholz, Managing Editor