A kitchen fire in a Village B apartment sent smoke billowing out of the building’s windows but was put out before any major damage occurred, according to fire department officials on the scene.
The fire began in the kitchen of Village B 51 at approximately 9:20 p.m., Village B Resident Assistant Pedro Soto (COL ’08) said as he entered the apartment building shortly before 10 p.m.
The fire department responded quickly, he said, with at least half a dozen fire trucks on the scene. 35 minutes after the fire began, officials had given the all-clear to reenter the building.
A firefighter boarding the last truck to leave the scene said that the fire had already been put out by a fire extinguisher before he arrived.
-Marco Cerna, News Editor. Photo by Emily Voigtlander.