This is why we don’t have nice things

An e-mail sent to residents of Village B sheds some light on the cause of Saturday night’s fire.

Dear Residents of Alumni Square–

I am writing as a Residence Life Staff member on call for the weekend. I would like to alert you about a potential fire safety issue that can be easily clarified. It has come to our attention that some of you may be using the drawer space beneath your oven as storage. Please note that it is actually a broiler space as part of the oven. When using the over, items in there may become extremely hot, melt, and/or catch fire. If you have used this as a drawer in the past, please remove any items being stored there.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact an RA or your Hall Director, Heather Cruz, who will be in touch during the business week.
Thanks and enjoy your weekend.
Christy Anthony
Ass’t Director, Office of Residence Life

This is an important first step. But who will protect Village B students from drying their hair in the bath?
Sam Sweeney, Senior Writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>