Campus Housing announces inaugration guest policy
With millions expected for Obama’s inauguration and every hotel from here to West Virginia booked, everyone in D.C. has been going sublet-crazy (Yes we can price gouge!). Everyone, that is, except college students. But Georgetown hadn’t defined any guest policy so there was an outside chance students would be able to get Craigslist-brokered riches after all.
Well Campus Housing finally sent out their policies for inauguration weekend and no such luck. Here are the important points from the killjoy email:
- “Student are not permitted to sublease or rent their residence at any time.”
- “Students must pre-register guests … Requests are due by 10 am Monday, January 12, 2009.”
- “Residents will be permitted to host two students each.”
- “Guests may not sleep in common spaces or hallways.”
- “If your guests plan to drive to campus, please be aware that there will be a fee for parking on the weekend through Tuesday, January 20, 2009.”
- “We wanted to take a moment to remind you that in the interest of safety issues, we reserve the right to limit the number of parties in a given area.”
Yes, you can’t.