The two million dollar man
How much does a Final Four basketball coach cost? About $2 million, if the coach is John Thompson III.
In the 2007-2008 school year, Thompson made $2,007,508, plus more than $1 million in deferred compensation and benefits, according to university tax documents obtained by Vox. Thompson’s salary rose by more than $1.3 million from the previous year, making him the highest paid Georgetown employee.
During the 2007-08 year, we also paid $3,074,487 to Payette Associates Inc., a firm whose website says they have been working on the “Science Facilities Master Plan and new Science Center” and $489,234 to Goody Clancy and Associates, the firm that worked on the new MSB building. Overall, Georgetown’s net assets decreased by $55,772,042.
Who else besides JT III is making bank at Georgetown? Check out the top earners and the full tax document after the jump!
Georgetown’s Highest Paid Employees*
- John Thompson III Coach $2,007,508
- Howard Federoff – Executive VP, Health Science – $710,000
- John Degioia – President – $607,939
- James Reardon Anderson – SFS Qatar Dean (former) – $600,453
- Lawrence Kochard – Chief Investment Officer – $538,750
- Louis M. Weiner – Lombardi Center Director – $500,156
- George Daly – Business School Dean – $475,982
- Spiros Dimolitsas – Senior Vice President – $430,745
- Christopher L. Augostini – Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer – $400,000
- Alexander Aleinikoff - Executive Vice President, Law Center – $390,130
- James O’Donnell – Provost – $332,500
- Edward M. Quinn – Secretary – $214,129
*These rankings aren’t necessarily accurate because the form only reports the salaries of members of the Board of Directors and the top 5 highest paid employees who aren’t on the Board of Directors. There could be people who aren’t on the board but still make more than board members, but their salaries aren’t reported. Likely candidates include other deans and John Thompson Jr.