Judging by the regular appearances that “public indecency” charges make in our monthly crime maps, when nature calls to intoxicated Georgetown students, intoxicated Georgetown students will opt to answer the call out in nature.
And normally, that probably works out for them. But St. Patrick’s Day is not just any debauched night in Georgetown. Even though everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, not everyone will be drinking. Revelers, you’ll have to be extra careful about where you choose to erin go bragh—because passersby you may think are coming from parties could just as easily be coming from Lau.
Luckily, some male Voice staffers have opted to make a list of places on campus that provide the most amount of cover for students needing to relieve themselves:
- The parking lot behind Tombs and Wisey’s — The classic squat spot. Sheltered, an abundance of dumpsters and walls to choose from, and not a place that’s likely to be trafficked by DPS. On the other hand, in some areas, it’s pretty well lit.
- Behind White Gravenor — Although it’s pretty out in the open, the area behind WGR is poorly-lit for the most part, and on the way to and from areas on campus where you’re likely to be drinking.
- Village B trash area — Like the dumpsters behind White Gravenor, the Village B dump’s location makes it a convenient place for a pit stop. It’s not the most private place on campus, though, and with spring on its way, you may have rodent company.
- The alley next to the newer (but also former) Philly P’s — Going in this narrow, poorly-trafficked alleyway that lies between the former site of Philly Pizza and a long, brick, ivy-covered wall makes it a true Georgetown experience. On the downside, now that Philly’s has closed, it’s not really on the way to anything.
- The trash area across the street from the Car Barn — Private if you’re willing to venture into the enclosure, but like the trash area in Village B, also home to critters.
- Small clearing in the trees at the dead end at the end of 37th street — The big thing this area has going for it is that unless you’re relieving yourself, there’s no reason to be down there, so it’s private. And hey, you might even see some deer.