On the field and in the newsroom, Voice staffers dominate
Vox was kicked off the Voice squad after failing to shave his sideburns.
Just a day after the Voice vanquished the Hoya in a nail-biter of a softball game, Georgetown’s rival newspapers met once again to do battle over the annual Bunn Student Journalism Awards. And The Voice managed to secure another victory, winning 10 awards to the Hoya‘s 8—including 5 of the 6 first place awards—and sweeping the features category.
The winning articles and photos are all really quality work, so if you’re looking to procrastinate a bit on your studying (and really, who isn’t?) take some time to check them out after the jump!
- “Bloggers gone wild” by Juliana Brint (Voice)
- “Expectations meet reality in year one” by John Thornburgh (Hoya)
- “The road not taken: Life in the Society of Jesus” by David Gregory (Voice)
- “Pride and prejudice: LGTBQ at Georgetown” by Chris Heller (Voice)
- “A charter across the Anacostia” by Will Sommer (Voice)
- “To catch the wind: Georgetown Sailing tacks and jibes” by Tom Bosco (Voice)
- “GU vets given less aid than peers” by Galen Weber (Voice)
- “String of break-ins may date to 2005” by Ben Buchanan (Hoya)
- “Sex Positive Week returns without controversy” by Cole Stangler (Voice)
- “Fall Fashion” by Emily Voightlander (Voice)
- “Chris Wright” by Jackson Perry (Voice)
- “Photo from Sept. 15, 2009″ by Nick Troiano (Hoya)
- “Wild Things will make your heart sing” by Chris Heller (Voice)
- “Watercolor exhibition explores the world’s darkest days” by Julia Maddera (Hoya)
- “Simple, timeless love story makes magic on screen” by Vince Balanzo (Hoya)