If you play sports for Georgetown, you won the weekend
If you watched a Georgetown team play this weekend, odds are you saw some Hoyas lay a beatdown on their opponents. And trust us, it was something special; Sports Info Director Mex Carey dug through the records, learning that this is the first time five fall teams won games over a two-day span since 2006. Let’s get to the recaps:
- The football team won a game! The football team won a game! THE FOOTBALL TEAM WON A GAME!
- On Monday, junior forward Samantha Baker’s overtime goal against Fairfield pushed the 22nd-ranked women’s soccer team to its sixth straight win. (Earlier that weekend, the Hoyas also shut out George Mason.) The team’s undefeated start to the season is the longest in the program’s history.
- The men’s soccer team got in on the fun too, thanks to junior forward Uche Onyeador’s pair of game-winning goals against Northeastern and Michigan State. The team now stands at 2-0.
- Georgetown field hockey improved to 3-0 for the first time ever, only to drop Sunday’s game against Temple.
- Although the volleyball team’s weekend was bookended by losses to Bradley and Maryland, they pulled out a win against Fordham on Saturday.
Photo: Sports Info (Rafael Suanes)