Sponsored: Buy your tickets to Homecoming now!
[Editor’s note: From time to time, we run sponsored posts to help pay the bills. (Blogging: It’ll make us rich!) So, here’s a brief commercial interruption brought to you by the Homecoming Committee.]
On September 23, you’ll start seeing banners up. On September 24, there’ll be balloons all over and a whole lot of Hoya spirit. By Saturday, September 25, 5,000 Hoyas will have descended upon the Hilltop for GU’s biggest event of the year. It’s time for Homecoming again!
This year’s festivities will include more chances to enjoy Georgetown’s traditions, to meet and to network with alumni, to get involved in the community, and to have a great time with all your fellow Hoyas.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- MUSIC: Chimes Night at the Tombs, performances by the Pep Band, a capella groups, student bands, and Friday Music
- FOOD: Taste of Georgetown with food from around the globe, Corp Coffee and Bagels, Mimosas and Resumes, Networking Brunches, and Spanish Cooking Lessons
- SPORTS: Varsity Volleyball, Football, and Soccer games, Hilltop Challenge 5K, Kayaking to Roosevelt Island, and College Democrats vs. College Republicans Flag Football
- LECTURES: Classes without Quizzes featuring your favorite professors, Millenials and the Digital Age, Cybersecurity, Russian Modernization, and the Philodemic Society’s Hamilton Alumni Debate on Immigration
- TRADITIONS: Seeing all your favorite Hoyas, taking pictures with Jack(s) (dog, mascot, AND inflatable!), Trivia, Copley Lawn Movie Night and the Mr. Georgetown Pageant
- The Annual All-School Tailgate in McDonough Parking Lot, featuring unlimited food and drink, the return of The Reflex and their 80s tributes, and SweetFlow!
You can find the full schedule, buy your Tailgate ticket, and RSVP for events at http://homecoming.georgetown.edu. Save $10 by getting them in advance, and be sure to join your fellow Hoyas for the biggest and best weekend of the year!