You’ve finished your last Wednesday class, you’re stoked to start your last break before your life launches into that special circle of Hell reserved for final exams, and you notice something—it’s April 20! And while the weather this year doesn’t really cater to finding a beautiful place on campus to sit outside and “breathe,” and while Georgetown (unfortunately) isn’t exactly University of Colorado Boulder, we here at Vox would still like to offer some advice about your observance of this holiday. Namely, where the best places around campus to satisfy your munchies are.
Disclaimer, of course: Vox does not support or encourage illegal activities, but we wholeheartedly support the consumption of large amounts of unhealthy food.
- Quick Pita: A standard. You already love it when you’re drunk. If you’re one of the Tuscany set, by all means, go for that instead.
- Five Guys: Have you seen those burgers? It’s like this place was designed for 4/20. It may not be the first choice for the mellower, vegetarian set of observers, but just remind them about those fries. Those hot, greasy, overflowing cartons of fries.
- Johnny Rockets: Dipping fries in milkshakes is encouraged.
- Dean and Deluca: This one’s dangerous. Don’t bring your wallet, your credit card, your mom’s credit card, or anything you might be tempted to barter for a $55 dollar chocolate cake.
- Hoya Snaxa: For those of you too “lazy” to leave campus or order delivery, there’s Georgetown’s own version of the slightly-sketchy gas station. Get a slushie, a giant bag of chips, or a jar of peanut butter, and go crazy.
- White Castle: So what if the closest one is in Atlantic City? You don’t have class tomorrow.