On May 13, the University submitted its tax filings for fiscal year 2010 (July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010). These forms detail Georgetown’s income, expenditures, and assets, as well as list the highest-paid University officials.
Graphics by John Flanagan (Click to enlarge)
The University faced a $21,493,687 deficit in its operating budget in fiscal year 2010. Meanwhile, the endowment grew by 12.5 percent to $1,007,299,044 (95 percent of its value as of July 1, 2008).
John Thompson III remained the highest-paid employee at $1,894,988, a 3.57 percent raise from the previous year. This increase in his and 7 of the other 15 highest salaries during fiscal year 2010 outpaced the 2.5 percent increase University President John DeGioia recommended for regular faculty members in January 2010.
DeGioia’s own salary increased by 0.03 percent, while the salaries of Thomas Aleinikoff, former dean of the law school, and Provost James O’Donnell fell by 6.75 percent and 0.84 percent, respectively.
Other top salaries after the jump.
- John Thompson III, Coach: $1,894,988 (+3.57%)
- John J. DeGioia, President: $911,918 (+0.03%)
- Howard J. Federoff, Executive VP, Health Sciences: $781,730 (+1.62%)
- Lawrence E. Kochard, Chief Investment Officer (former): $736,592 (+4.90%)
- Louis M. Weiner, Director, Lombardi Center: $633,238 (+0.06%)
- George G. Daly, Dean, MSB: $521,622 (+1.95%)
- Reena Aggarwal, Professor, MSB: $519,532 (N/A)
- Mehran Kamrava, Interim Dean, SFS-Q: $501,593 (N/A)
- Christopher L. Augostini, Chief Financial Officer: $482,169 (+5.16%)
- Spiro Dimolitsas, Chief Administrative Officer: $480,484 (+2.64%)
- James M. Langley, VP (former), Office of Advancement: $467,348 (+3.19%)
- Thomas A. Aleinikoff, Dean (former), Law: $449,509 (-6.75%)
- Daniel R. Porterfield, Senior VP (former), Strategic Development: $401,943 (+4.71%)
- James J. O’Donnell, Provost: $391,210 (-0.84%)
- Judith C. Areen, Dean, Law: $339,994 (N/A)
- Jane E. Genster, VP, General Counsel: $328,467 (+2.59%)
- Edward M. Quinn, Secretary: $250,022 (+1.85%)
- Rosemary E. Kilkenny, VP, Institutional Diversity and Equity: $226,455 (+2.26%)