12 Days of Merriment: Georgetown shops celebrate the holidays
Starting tomorrow, over fifty stores in the Georgetown area will take part in the Georgetown Business Improvement District’s holiday sales extravaganza, “12 Days of Merriment.” A full list of the events and specials is available here.
A kick-off party will be held on Saturday from 1-4 p.m. in the parking lot of PNC Bank at the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and M Street. Throughout the afternoon free gourmet hot cocoa tasting will be available, while at 1 and 1:50 p.m., our very own Georgetown Phantoms will be singing. There will also be cute dogs up for adoption! If you bring a donation to Goodwill or wear your best holiday sweater, you can also pick up a free “I Shop Georgetown” tote bag. The wearer of the silliest Christmas sweater also has the chance to win a $50 gift card to Clyde’s.
For the couples among us, Wednesday evening is “Shop for Him” night and Thursday is, you guessed it, “Shop for Her” night. Information about the various deals and free amenities is available here. If you’re a Capital Bikeshare member, there are also some special discounts just for you.
Vox‘s favorite offerings are:
- Saturday’s mini-extravaganza on Book Hill, which includes outdoor grilling of chicken sandwichs at Patisserie Poupon, free gift wrapping, elf hats and shopping bags at TD Bank, eggnog, cookies and cheap candy canes at Urban Chic, and many other discounts and free offerings.
- a free screening of Toy Story at the Letelier Theater, located at 3251 Prospect Street, on Sunday at 1 p.m. with free cider and cookies.
- Next Wednesday and Thursday from 5-9 p.m, Sprinkles will offer a free mini Sprinkles cupcake from their holiday flavors: eggnog spice, chocolate peppermint, and vanilla peppermint.
- Not to be outdone, Georgetown Cupcake will give away 100 more cupcakes than usual each day to those who mention the secret holiday flavor, which is updated daily on Twitter and Facebook.
- For the duration of the Merrimenting, Ben and Jerry’s will have gingerbread making from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at their Wisconsin Avenue store.
Image: Georgetown BID