Remix Your Weekend: Let the madness begin
FEATURED EVENT: March Madness Kickoff
As the NCAA teams enter the round of 64 during the kick-off weekend of NCAA March Madness, some may be content to lounge on the couch and fill in their bracket, but if you’re looking to do the crawl, here are a few places to get in on the action:
Friday March Madness Schedule:
- Albany Great Danes v. Duke Blue Devils 12:15 p.m. ET
- Cincinnati Bearcats v. Creighton Blue Jays 2:45 p.m. ET
- Ole Miss Rebels v. Wisconsin Badgers 12:40 p.m. ET
- La Salle Explorers v. Kansas State Wildcats 3:10 p.m. ET
- Iona Gaels v. Ohio State Buckeyes 3:10 p.m. ET
- Iowa State Cyclones v. Notre Dame Fighting Irish 9:45 p.m. Et
- Florida Gulf Coast Eagles v. Georgetown Hoyas 6:50 p.m. ET
- Villanova Wildcats v. North Carolina Tar Heels 7:20 pm ET
- Florida Gators v. Northwestern State Demons 7:27 pm ET
- Oklahoma Sooners v. San Diego State Aztecs 9:20 p.m.
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers v. Kansas Jayhawks 9:50p.m.ET
- Minnesota Golden Gophers v. UCLA Bruins, 9:57 p.m. ET
- Temple Owls v. North Carolina State Wolfpack 1:40 p.m. ET
- Pacific tigers v. Miami Hurricanes 2:10 p.m. ET
- Long Island U. Blackbirds/ James Madison Dukes v. Indiana Hoosiers 4:10 p.m.
- Colorado Buffalos v. Illinois Fighting Illini 4:40 p.m.
See full music and events listings both on campus and in D.C. after the jump!
- Friday Music Series: Sara MacKimmie, soprano, Jennifer Ellis Kampani, soprano, Mark Janello, organ, Dahlgren Chapel, free, 1:15
- GU Children’s Theatre: The Princess and Her Clothes, McNeir Auditorium, free, 7:0o p.m.
- GPB Presents: The Hobbitt: An Unexpected Journey, ICC Auditorium, 8:00 and 11:00 p.m. (Friday and Saturday)
- Battle of the Bands—The Strummer Games: Bulldog Alley, 9:30 (Friday)
- Ladies Night-In: Roman Goddess Alumni Lounge, 9:00 (Friday)
- Bayanihan—Club Filipino Cultural Showcase, 6:00 (Saturday)
- Luau 2013: Let Us Fall in Love Again, ICC Auditorium/Galleria 2:00-4:00 (Sunday)
- Environmental Film Festival—mostly free, see website for times and venues
- The Tempest—Synetic Theatre $15-20 for students, Fri./Sat. 8 p.m., Sunday 2 p.m.
- Brown Girls Club Presents: Shes’ A-Shake-A-Ning Black Cat $15 in advance $18 at door, doors open at 9:00 p.m.
- Dr. Who Happy Hour—Black Cat, free entry, Friday, doors open at 7:00
- National Cherry Blossom Festival Opening Ceremony—Warner Theater, free, Saturday 5:00
- Hellmouth Happy Hour—Black Cat, free, Saturday, doors open at 7:00
- Sinkane RaRa Rasputin Helado Negro Black Cat, $12, doors open at nine
- The Morrison Brothers rock/country Acre 121, 9:00
- Disclosure with Arnold, Baronhawk U Street Music Hall, $15, 10:00
- Make the Girl Dance—DJ electronic, Malmaison, $15, 11:00
- Right Round—80’s Alt-Pop w/ DJ lil’e Black Cat, $7, 10:00
- White Ford Bronco—90’s Cover, Acre 121, $8, 9:30
- Anberlin Vital—The Fillmore Silverspring, 7:00
- Tom Rush—The Birchmere , 7:30
- James Cotton Super Harp—The Howard Theater, 8:00
- Bliss: Local Techno Showcase—U Street Music Hall, $10, 10:00