Vox Gets into Treble: Cry yourself to sleep with emo
Emo’s been getting a lot of coverage lately in alternative music media. Everyone’s been writing about some “emo revival,” and even Buzzfeed jumped on the bandwagon. While Vox is happy that some of his favorite bands have gotten press and maybe some new fans lately, he’ll be the first to tell you that emo never really went anywhere and has been around for a long time in various forms. Having said that, there’s a bunch of great emo bands making music right now that are worth checking out.
Vox is here with an 11-song playlist to get you started. You’ll be shopping at Hot Topic and swooping your hair over one eye in no time. Just kidding. Don’t do that. Do listen to these songs though.
So find some comfort food, put on this playlist, start Facebook stalking photos of your high school ex, and get ready to cry a lot.
1. “Re-do” – Modern Baseball
2. “Dan’s Christopher Walken Impersonation” – Dads
3. “I Will Be Okay. Everything.” – The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid To Die
4. “Return” – Tigers Jaw
5. “Twin Size Mattress” – The Front Bottoms
6. “Keep What You Have Built Up Here” – Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate)
7. “Havoc in the Forum” – This Town Needs Guns
8. “More to Me” – Balance and Composure
9. “The One With David” – You Blew It!
10. “Midnight: Carroll Street” – Into It. Over It.
11. “Crescent Shaped Depression” – Title Fight