Where to watch the World Cup games in D.C.
The World Cup games begin today at 4:00 p.m. and dozens of bars and restaurants around D.C. are featuring the games, along with great food and drink deals. Washington City Paper compiled an impressive list of basically every World Cup viewing deal and location in the city. Vox will highlight some of the ones closer to Georgetown below the jump, but check out their map to see all of them.
Read below the jump for a list of places near Georgetown. Most are in the Dupont area.
- Pinstripes, 1064 Wisconsin Ave., NW: The nearby bowling alley is offering deals based around team USA and team Italy by offering half price flatbreads anytime either team is playing. Also, any time either team scores a goal, everyone in the place gets a free scoop of gelato.
- ENO Wine Bar, 2810 Pennsylvania Ave., NW: This wine place has a “group of death” wine special, with wines based around Germany, Ghana, USA, and two wines from the Argentinian player Lionel Messi‘s own vineyard.
- Commissary, 1443 P St., NW: Commissary will have loads and loads of specialty beer in honor of the World Cup. Every day will have different beer specials. Every game will be played on every TV, as well as Commissary’s big projector. Special snacks and Brazilian food are being served every day starting at 11 a.m.
- Crios Modern Mexican, 2120 P St., NW: For today only, the Mexican restaurant is hosting a big viewing party, complete with a $12 all-you-can-eat buffet and cheap Mexican beer and drinks.
- Stoney’s on L, 2101 L St., NW: While watching a World Cup match, you can get $3 draft beer, $10 pitchers, and half-price large pizzas. Whoa.
- Elephant and Castle, 900 19 St., NW: This English pub is supporting USA, Britain, Germany, Columbia, and Spain. It will have $5 20 ounce Heineken, Newcastle, and Strongbow draughts and $5 potato crisps.
h/t City Paper
Photo: Thomás via Flickr