Vox Gets Into Treble: Literally melting right now
Summers here in D.C., for those Georgetown students brave enough to tackle them, are brutal. Stepping outside can feel like stepping into a sauna with the humidity, and that’s a constant reminder that this city used to be a swamp. Fortunately, however, this past week brought a mini “polar vortex” that helped cool things down a little bit.
To honor the (slightly) cooler weather, here are some songs to chill to. Note that shoegaze is prominent but trap is also represented.
1) Airiel – In Your Room
2) Chapterhouse – Pearl
3) Mazzy Star – Cry, Cry
4) The War on Drugs – Best Night
5) Twin Shadow – Beg for the Night
6) The Jesus and Mary Chain – Just Like Honey
7) Asobi Seksu – Thursday
8) How to Dress Well – See You Fail
9) Slowdive – Silver Screen (Version 2)
10) BONES – IfYouHadAZuneIHateYou (Feat. Spooky Black)
11) Rich Homie Quan and Young Thug – I Got It