Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer
Georgetown students gathered to perform and listen to music in the Walsh Black Box Theater last Friday. Guild of Bands is a one-credit course with an end of the semester performance as the final exam. About 100 people filed in by the end of the night to watch bands perform.
Photos: Tiffany Lachhonna
No Comments »
As anyone who hasn’t spent the last month in the lower level of Lau knows, tomorrow is Georgetown Day, the day when the entire University comes together to throw the biggest party of the year on the Hilltop. As Vox let you know the other day, the alcohol policy has become noticeably stricter this year.
So, what is there to do on Georgetown Day? Here are a few recommendations for what to do when you’re not in the concession area or trying to hide a drink from DPS.
- Dunk Tank (12 to 4 p.m.): Come and dunk some of Georgetown’s campus celebrities! Vox’s own Molly Redden will be in the tank from 1 to 1:30 p.m. Will Not Greg Monroe or Tim make an appearance to show Molly how much they miss her by dunking her? Check out the full list of dunk tank participants here.
- Improv (2 p.m.): Miss the last Improv performance in Bulldog Alley? No worries, because the Georgetown Players Improv Group will be performing on the new Dahlgren Quad stage early in the afternoon.
- Bungee run (11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Ever want to be thrown backward by a bungee cord into an inflatable? Well, here’s your chance! The bungee run is among the inflatables that will be out on the lawn that also includes an obstacle course.
- Jack’s Wings Eating Contest (12 p.m.): Will contestants jack wings like Vox suspected when this was announced? Can people handle actually eating that much Wingo’s? Show up to find out, but be warned—if the contestants don’t puke, we figure you will after watching people eat that many wings.
- Guild of Bands (3:30 to 6 p.m.): Want to hear a bunch of bands in one place? Then check out this performance on the Healy stage, which will showcase Georgetown student bands.
After the jump, find out about some of the Georgetown Day’s best free food and the complete event schedule.
Read the rest of this entry »
6 Comments »