It seems that Georgetown restaurants can’t get enough of college students. More and more establishments now offer half price specials, almost guaranteeing that their lines go out the door on those special days.
So, we’ve compiled a list, including happy hour specials for those of-age. (After all, even upperclassmen can be cheap.) Let us know if we missed any!
[Editor's Note: Asterisked restaurants require a weekly "secret word" that is found on Hoya Connection.]
Read the rest of this entry »
3 Comments »
Looking for a way to make Georgetown retailers’ tough times into your personal gain? Well, you’re in luck. About 60 stores, restaurants, bars and spas are joining together to have weekly Happy Hours every Wednesday this summer.
The deals vary from establishment to establishment, but here are some of the highlights:
- Bangkok Bistro (3251 Prospect St.): $1 per piece of sushi, $2 drinks from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Sugar (1633 Wisconsin Ave.): 15% off all clothing, plus complimentary “treats and sweets.”
- Peacock Café (3251 Prospect St.): Half-price burgers, calamari and nachos, $4 beers, $5 glass of wine, $6 cocktails, $7 martinis between 4 and 7 p.m.
- Contemporaria ( 3303 Cady’s Alley): Free prosecco and 15% off dining chairs.
- Garretts Restaurant & Tavern (3003 M St.): Half-price burgers, domestic beers, rail liquors and house wines.
- Poppy (3235 P St.): Free glass of Barefoot bubbly and the chance to enter the weekly raffle for a piece of silver jewelry from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Salon Rafik (3307B M St.): 15 % off any service or product.
- Paolo’s Ristorante (1303 Wisconsin Ave.): $3 classic cocktails, $3 house wine by the glass, $4 drafts (Stella and Guinness) from 4 to 7 p.m.
You can check out the full list of participating businesses at the Georgetown BID website. The recession’s silver lining never looked so good!
1 Comment »