BREAKING: Fire in Harbin Hall

Today, at approximately 7:45 p.m., Harbin Hall was evacuated after a fire broke out. The fire was caused by students cooking (Editor’s note: Cooking food) in the third floor common room. According to Department of Public Safety officers at the scene, the fire did not set off the building’s sprinkler system, but firefighters brought fans […]

“Inadvertent human error” caused Harbin fire alarm malfunction

The failure of Harbin Hall’s audible fire alarm system was caused by “inadvertent human error,” according to Chief Administrative Officer Spiros Dimolitsas. “A technician failed to properly reset the system after conducting a monthly test of a fire pump on Friday, October 22,” he wrote in a memo addressed to the University community. “The system […]