The Georgetown Hoyas drinking game for NCAA March Madness 2010
The Georgetown Hoyas are scheduled to play Ohio tomorrow night at 7:25 sharp for their inaugural NCAA Tournament game. They’re ready to go. The Bobcats are going down. What’s left for you to do, besides order more Wingo’s than you can possibly fit in your stomach and hunker down in front of a television?
Rinse out your shot glasses. Because the Voice staff has thought up a Hoya-centric drinking game for this year’s March Madness tournament. Here are the rules:
Take a drink …
- Whenever an announcer mentions Jason Clark’s phenomenal wingspan or preternatural jumping ability
- When a Georgetown play earns a slow-mo replay—twice if one of Monroe’s does
- Every time Greg Monroe pops his mouthguard in and out of his mouth
- Anytime an announcer references the correlation between the team’s success and Chris Wright scoring in double digits
- If an announcer complains about what a shitty job the committee did seeding the tournament.
- Whenever JTIII makes this face
And drink for the duration of time it takes for them to replace a loose contact lens.
Take two drinks …
- Every time an announcer mentions Austin Freeman has been diagnosed with diabetes
- If an announcer attempts to describe what a Hoya is—three times if they get it right
- Whenever they show Big John Thompson and reminisce about his time as coach
- Every time they show footage from the ’85 Championship game
- Anytime a team we’re playing is referred to as a possible Cinderella or Giant Killer—and take a shot if they’re compared to Davidson 2008
- Anytime we miss a free throw—three times if Monroe does
Finish your drink / Take a shot …
- When they show Austin Freeman’s diabetes doctor
- If JTIII or JT Jr. smiles
- Every time Shots (Basketball Version) plays
- Whenever cheerleader Eric Cuisimano makes this face
- If Georgetown goes on an incredible run, completely comes together as a team, leaves it all on the court, and then gets hit with a devastating game winner and comes up inches short of a win—or drink until blackout
- When the Hoyas WIN!
As recently as one week ago, I thought Jim Boeheim’s first name was Jerry—which means you’re the expert on college basketball, not me. What do you think is a drink- or shot-worthy Georgetown basketball idiosyncrasy? Add to our list in the comments!