Class of 2010 leads young alumni donations
“This has been a banner year for our young alumni program,” said Assistant Director of Advancement Benjamin Jarrett. “These numbers, while not final, are incredibly impressive.”
This marks two years that the Office of Advancement has posted increased donor yield from members of the five most-recently graduated classes. At the end of fiscal year 2010, around 30 percent more students had donated compared with the previous year.
At 509 donors, the class of 2010 broke a previous young alumni record of 488 set by the class of 2008.
According to Jarrett, this year’s young alumni also donated at a rate 5 percent higher than other graduates. The class of 2010 had the highest participation rate at 34 percent, but no individual class fell below 25 percent yield.
- Class of 2010: 34% (509 donors, 1477 donor base)
- Class of 2009: 26% (438 donors, 1655 donor base)
- Class of 2008: 29% (449 donors, 1575 donor base)
- Class of 2007: 29% (435 donors, 1507 donor base)
- Class of 2006: 31% (463 donors, 1481 donor base)
Although the fiscal year has ended, the Office of Advancement is still counting donations postmarked on or just before June 30.