Remix Your Weekend: Get your live music and street fair fix this weekend
- WGTB presents Twenty One Pilots: On Saturday, Twenty One Pilots is playing courtesy of WGTB. The concert will be on Copley Lawn (Bulldog Alley if it’s raining). The concert starts at 8 pm, with two opening acts. Tickets are $5 in advance or $10 at the door.
- (e)merge Art Fair: Founded by owners of the Connersmith Gallery, this contemporary art fair features 48 artists in 30 different art shows on display at the Capitol Skyline Hotel. The fair is open from 12-7 pm Friday and Saturday, and 12-5 pm on Sunday. Tickets are $15 for regular daily admission and $10 for students.
- Taste of Bethesda Festival: Its 24th year running, the Taste of Bethesda festival, located in Bethesda’s Woodmont Triangle, features sixty different restaurants and live music played across five stages. Admission is free, but “taste tickets” are sold together in bundles of four for $4. The festival is open from 11 am to 4 pm on Saturday, October 5th.
- Columbia Heights Day: In Northern D.C. neighborhood Columbia Heights, this street festival will include food trucks, a momo-eating contest, yoga, and street festival staple live music from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday. Admission is free.
- Tacoma Park Street Festival: Held on the border between D.C. and Maryland, the festival includes food vendors, green companies, and live music. Between the three stages playing everything from reggae to folk, artisan displays, and kids activities, this is definitely worth the trip. The festival is open from 10 am to 5 pm, and admission is free.